Hey! It only took me 15 years but I think I have the hang of this. The month of leisure was mostly leisurely. I performed one wedding, played in a ukulele concert, had a pre-birthday get together and a smaller birthday get together, came back to town from MA, visted some more towns on my 251 Quest, started work, and have been getting back to my same old routine. I know for some people the routine sounds dull but for me it’s like when all your gears just mesh smoothly and everything is going whirr whirr whirr.
I’ve been cooking up squash again this week and tried one called kuri. Very good with garam masala and butter and some syrup but honestly, what isn’t? The leaves are coming off the trees and I’m wearing socks indoors more often than not. Next week is a trip to Mississippi (via MA) for a library conference, hang out with some friends, and then back to VT for our little ComicCon and then off to Sturbridge MA for a one-day conference. I’m even teaching a one-credit class for the local teachers on how to use their new Google dos environment.
So yeah things mostly worked this year. More than usual. Here’s a recap of the last fifteen years’ worth of attempts.
- 2013: “It was fun. I think I’ll do it again next year.”
- 2012: Enforced relaxation with broken ankle
- 2011: Mostly relaxing
- 2010: Finished writing a book
- 2009: Several trips including one out of the country
- 2008: Turned 40, got a fancy picture-taking bicycle, moved
- 2007: Became a lifeguard
- 2006: Incoming terrible roommate & trip to Maine and later North Dakota, Mom in hospital
- 2005: trip to New York, trip to Indiana
- 2004: Slow month, possibly the first since this all started.
- 2003: I move to Vermont full-time, I start a new job.
- 2002: Working on a book.
- 2001: I start a postcard project, we know what happened after that.
- 2000: Burning Man followed by the hospital
- 1999: driving cross-country & my barn roof blows off
- 1998: in Guatemala
- 1997: Bought a house