Here are photos of the places I slept in 2015. Another short list. Now that I’ve solidly put my dad’s place on the my “projects and hobbies” todo list, I travel to other non-dad’s-place places less. So even though I didn’t go to too many places in 2015, I was away from home for several months. Which was fine.
Here’s the short list. Twelve places plus an airplane, six different states, one non-US country. Stars indicate multiple visits to the exact same place. Past years: 2014, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 2007, 2006, 2005.
- Stow MA* – stayed at Kate’s place quite a few times, very nice guestroom, constantly improving.
- Aboard a British Airways flight – we got upgraded to business class, very nice.
- London UK – I got the bottom bunk in the tiny bunk bed room and found it quite to my liking.
- Westport MA* – stayed in a few different beds in this house (three? five?) and was here most of the summertime
- Raleigh NC – visited Steve and Heather and went on an actual vacation
- Amherst MA – saw Matthew and Michelle on my way down to Connecticut
- Groton CT – decided to stay in an AirBnB instead of a hotel, it was … fun and weird (and htis is me deciding to sleep in a hallway, the place itself is quite nice)
- Burlington VT* – saw Dave and Linda when I was in Vermont for VLA and again for ComicCon
- Boxboro MA – visited Mom when I was planning to stay in a hotel with Jim and the hotel was full of children. Good decision.
- Bangor Maine (2) – gave a talk to a bunch of fun librarians and had SO many pillows. Stayed at a hotel across the street the next time.
- Pasadena CA (2) – stayed with a friend and then at a snazzy hotel while I was there for CLA