Really serious about staying out of airplanes now. Two airplane trips this year. A low key summer not feeling terrific. Lots of time doing more local stuff and not regretting it at all.
Here is the short list of places. Four states. Stars indicate multiple visits to the exact same place. Past years: 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 2007, 2006, 2005.
- Westport MA* – here most of the summer, in many of the beds
- Stow MA* – visiting my sister
- Cambridge MD – a great quickie trip to a great conference
- Meredith NH – another great location for a conference, less-great hotel
- Grafton VT – weird old inn, intensive conference
- Burlington VT – staying with friends for an overnight for a humanities conference
- Tampa FL – really quirky AirBnB with lovely folks
Oh, I’ve been to a weird old inn in Grafton – was it the Inn at Woodchuck Hill Farm?
It was actually the Grafton Inn, maybe not “weird” by many standards but I certainly found it so.
I’d love to know your thoughts on the Grafton Inn. We find it facinating, particularly it’s set-up with the Windham Foundation.